Saturday, December 28, 2013

Holiday Break

Greetings to all of you!

I hope you are enjoying this break as much as I am. I have been using all of this time to read a few of the books that have been sitting on the shelf calling my name. I just finished a wonderful book called the Book Thief. This is an adult read, but I really enjoyed it. It was about a little girl named Leisel who had to leave her mother during World War II to live with her foster mother and father in Nazi Germany. This is a very scary time and Liesel is a brave girl who finds beauty through the power of words during such an awful time in our history.

 I am now reading Gossamer by one of my favorite authors, Lois Lowry.

 I already have a few of you in mind that I know would enjoy this one! I hope you are reading something wonderful too. Make sure to tell me all about it when we get back. I would love if you shared a favorite book with me or a friend. I am always on the lookout for new book "treasure"! 

Remember, your homework over the break is just the reading challenge. I don't expect you to send in a reading log. I simply want you to enjoy time with your family and continue to read!

Be safe and have a happy New Year!!







No comments:

Post a Comment